Monday, April 5, 2010

Tweaker Glove


If you are ever wandering near an abandoned building ...
(Or a new house under construction, or ...)
And see one of these ...

Know that you are seeing is probably what is referred to (by me anyway) as
A Tweaker Glove.

A Tweaker is a person who is addicted to Meth.
When they are high, they are known to be "Tweaking".

They frequently steal metal - to sell to recyclers, to fuel their addiction.
They wear these gloves, coated palms, to pull wires.
It gives them a better grip.
They wear them to load their stolen loot ... so they don't get cut by sharp pieces of metal, or shards of glass.

I see these gloves all the time now.
"Oh look, another tweaker glove."

And I feel sad.
What a waste.

3 comments:

  1. Indeed--people wasting their lives on drugs. I wonder what talents are buried, what beauty and live has been hidden and lost because of meth.

    Indeed--it is a waste and hurts so many people in so many ways.

    Poignant, Sissy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot from this visit. I had no idea such things existed.

    ReplyDelete