Monday, May 14, 2012

An Interesting Walk This Morning ...

The morning sun was out as I walked along ...
glowing through the dandelion seeds.

I crouched down, trying to catch the radiance.

And found rainbows as well.
What a beautiful day!

Then ... "crash, bang, clank".
I stepped into the (formerly) abandoned building, and looked around a corner.

This is what I saw ...

Metal thieves! I snapped a picture, sneaked back out and called the police.

They caught the guys making a run for the freeway.
And hinted they are responsible for multiple metal thefts across the county.

I sent the police a copy of the picture I took, and they thanked me profusely.

And I decided it's high time I started taking my walks elsewhere.

6 comments:

  1. Those dandelion shots are gorgeous. And good job on the metal thieves, but be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first dandelion shot!! Very cool.

    Yikes about the metal thieves (and you're probably braver than me to sneak in and snap a shot lol). We are living in interesting times aren't we?

    Grumble, grumble, grumble. Having trouble with the double word recognition thing. Third time's a charm??? Maybe? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, be careful! Metal thieves most likely have NO appreciation for the beauty of dandelions, and are probably not the worst sorts you'll come upon hanging around abandoned buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens! Sissy! You be a BRAVE wench! My goodness gracious--to take a picture without them noticing?! I'm thinkin' there were angels cloaking you with invisibility!

    Great pic by the way. Yep, you need to be careful, my sweet Sis. I don't want anything to happen to you. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to add that those dandilion puffball pictures are just magnificent. It is so interesting that the sun and the puff have so much in common. And how beautiful the rainbows you caught were! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the dandelion! That's art!

    ReplyDelete