Friday, February 5, 2010

Face in Tree -- With DRAMA


I saw this face in a tree in Canby on my way to Gleaners.
So on my way home you KNOW I just had to stop, park, walk over and take his photo. It would take just a minute or two ....

I should have known better.

On the way back to my car, I noticed a loud monsterous truck tailgating a small black car, vrooming and weaving back and forth, while the car tried to dodge him. "Crazy teenagers" I thought to myself.

I got back in the car and pulled out. I heard sirens in the distance so I sat and waited. Cars pulled over for whatever emergency vehicles were converging.

Of course ALL 3 sheriff cars, 1 state police car and a motorcycle cop converged right in front of me. A woman jumped out of one of the pulled-over cars and yelled "that's him! Over there! In the big black truck!" Uh oh, had I witnessed part of a hit and run? I pulled back to the curb.

Turns out a woman's ex-husband had (allegedly) tried to take their kids from the local middle school and when the ex-wife and current husband tried to intervene he punched out the drivers side window of their car. Then he chased them down the street, trying to hit them with his truck. That was the part I saw.

I ended up having to stay and give my statement to the police.

This all happened just hours after Dad had a small stroke. He was still in the ER and I had been in a little bit of a hurry to get home ... in case I was needed.

WHAT. A. DAY.

DAD IS GOING TO BE OKAY. He had a minor stroke, and it seems to have only affected his face and speech - he slurs a little. We just have to watch him to make sure this wasn't the warning before a big stroke.

Oh, and they caught the "bad guy" -- He went to jail.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! That WAS quite an afternoon, wasn't it? And I LOVE that tree.

    Well, ya know--if you don't find adventure where you are--it just comes to you, Sissy! What an interesting afternoon!

    I'm so glad Dad is doing okay. Poor little Daddy. ((hugs)) I love you, Sissy--hug Dad for me, would you please? And Mumsie, too. ((hugs)) I felt so compelled to drive over yesterday--I'm sure it was because Dad and Mom needed me. And God knew what was going to happen ahead of time. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! What a day is right! I like the tree photo though, it was worth the stop. I am praying for your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had quite the day.

    Did all of that happen in Canby? I know that kind of stuff happens everywhere, but Canby is becoming a hot bed for some mighty strange stuff.

    I love the town, but in many ways I'm glad I no longer live there.

    I'm glad your dad is okay.

    ReplyDelete