Thursday, June 4, 2009

Clackamette Park



Oregon's Willamette River, 187 miles in length, runs north through the Willamette Valley. We often stop at this park in Oregon City where the Clackamas and Willamette rivers meet (hence the clever park name of "Clackamette"), drawing fishermen/women from all over in the spring and fall. During the summer, though, the river belongs to picnics, swimming, boaters, rafters, thrill seekers, sun lovers and heat escapers.

On this day, who could resist the draw of the river reflecting the lowering sun, the glorylight spilling from the clouds ... I couldn't!



Bottoms up!

3 comments:

  1. That wasn't Clackamette Park silly that was my backyard, Why didn't you knock on the door and say hi. (well it looks just like my backyard)

    I love the reflection on the water it almost looks like a night shot, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sissy, these photos just fill my eyes. I wouldn't be ablt to resist it either. ((hugs)) What gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense your camera is always with you and I'm Glad It Is!! You are amazing. Your words, your photo's bring a smile to my soul, and Light in my heart. What a beautiful scene. I bet you had a hard time leaving it. I know I would have wanted to stay until the sun set; basking in the beauty and activity of the river... Bottums up! Love and Light, Nina P.

    ReplyDelete