Thursday, November 18, 2010

It Was a Dark and Rainy Night ...


I didn't want to go out after dark, in the pouring rain ... but mom needed a prescription filled, so off we went.
I brought a book to read while I was waiting in the car, but soon became entranced with the glowing paths the rain's reflections made on the pages of my novel.


As I pulled into our driveway, I saw something I had missed before ...
Backlit by the lamp in the window ...
The angel that hangs on the curtain ...
Has hearts for wings!!!

To see reflections from around the world, visit James at Newtown Area Photo, and join us for Weekend Reflections!

To see hearts from around the world, visit Random Hearts, and share YOUR heart on Guest Heart Thursday!



20 comments:

  1. The reflections off the book are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is spectacular! I also love that picture of your book. You are quite the photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great eye to see these two shots. That first one is like a painting, simply fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I enjoy things like these but I rarely tike the time to photograph them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing heart wings. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first shot is fantastic, really superb! Love the watery reflections on the book! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice shots ! The angel is really perfect, and I just love the reflection of the rain pourring on the car's window on your book... This must have been quite a moment...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mood of the post! I love rain, and its reflection on the book is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very talented, the second shot is very impressive!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent reflective photo. I'm intrigued by the pattern of the rain across the printed page. Novel idea (pun intended) to take a picture of it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful reflections and may the angel watch over your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are both lovely shots
    the rain on the book is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What wonderful pictures--I LOVE the reflections of rain on your book. And I adore that winged angel against the curtain.

    Makes me homesick for my Sissy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a marbled book.
    Beautiful …

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my ..... the angel is awesome! WOW!

    ReplyDelete