Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mika and Bird Staredown!!!


Mika caught my eye, standing motionless on a branch at least 30 feet up the birch tree.
As I came closer, a slight movement on the other side of the tree ...
Revealed the reason for Mika's intense stare.
A red headed sapsucker - oddly oblivious to the imminent danger!

(If I didn't know better, I would swear the bird was doing this deliberately - it stayed on the opposite side of the tree from Mika for nearly an hour!)

But the bird finally flew away, and Mika climbed back down the tree ... a maneuver that was almost as funny as watching Mika watch the bird!

To see other wonderful pets, and to show off your best friend, link up with Pet Pride!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness--that is a funny shot! lol I love the bird's look, and how funny, I bet that birdie knew exactly what he was doing!!! lol

    Wonderful photo, Sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mika! you birding?!!
    woof woof
    from bozo
    Pet Pride

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mika, we are glad you could come down after climbing up the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely shot! I bet the sapsucker knew exactly where Mika was, all the time!

    ReplyDelete