Monday, November 15, 2010

Scavenger Hunt Sunday


I found this fun meme - Scavenger Hunt Sunday over at Ramblings and Photos by Ashley Sisk, where she provides 5 words/phrases, and we get to interpret them in photos!
I decided to give it a try ...
It took a while, but I managed (barely) to squeak in before the Tuesday deadline! The 5 words for this week are: 1. Self portrait; 2. Handmade; 3. Orange; 4. Candle; 5. Traffic Signals or Signs.

1. SELF PORTRAIT


This is actually a SOOC (Straight Out Of the Camera) shot. I took a flashlight into a bathroom at the abandoned church across the street and shined it on my face in the broken mirror ... and took this shot. I kind of like it!!!

2. HANDMADE

I made these pants for my daughter after she found some in a magazine - where they were selling for up to $300. They took several weeks, and many many hours of labor ... but she loves them and that made it worth it.

3. ORANGE


I found this orange lichen in the pile of oak leaves by the driveway.
(I like the little white heart shaped spot, don't you?)

4. CANDLE


This is an ACEO/ATC (miniature art cards 2-1/2" x 3-1/2") that is made out of graffiti that I found at the abandoned church. Vandals had kicked in the drywall the graffiti was painted on, and I stripped off the graffiti from those pieces to make into art cards.

5. TRAFFIC SIGNALS OR SIGNS


Can a road be closed ... when there is no road? And if there is no road ... WHO IS GOING TO READ THE BACKWARDS SIGN?

I have had a lot of fun doing this Scavenger Hunt.
I think I will do it again!!!!!


5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to join us and I hope you'll join us again soon! I love your orange shot and your selfie is very creative. Well done! I hope you have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the self portrait, Clytie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the jeans took a long time to create! I'm really pleased your daughter loved them. That makes all the work worthwhile.

    I did the Scavenger hunt for the first this week too and it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job - looks like you had fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT idea! And I LOVE the self-portrait--it reminds me of something Prospero would come up with! lol

    ReplyDelete