Sunday, November 28, 2010

Surfer Dudes and Their Shadows ...


While I was surprised at the snow that fell on the beach last week ...
I was even more surprised that the surfers were still out!

They didn't last long. After they braved the cold Pacific ocean for a while, they stopped to wash the salt from their wet suits ... and change into warm clothes. We couldn't help but laugh at some of the antics they employed to keep from, er, being "exposed" to the elements!


The late afternoon sun peeked out just long enough to catch some amazing shadows.


REALLY! It was the SHADOWS that I was taking pictures of!!!
Seriously!!!
Snicker.

It wasn't until I got home and was going through my pictures that I noticed the strange diffused and almost yellow lighting ... and realized that's what I got from taking the pictures from behind the screen door. (Now why would I be there???)
And they really are Straight Out Of the Camera!

To see beautiful shadows from around the world, visit Hey Harriet, and check out Shadow Shot Sunday.

To see amazing pictures taken Straight Out Of the Camera, visit Murrieta 365, and check out SOOC Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. Ah! Of course it was the shadows you were thinking of!! Never doubted it for a minute -- you did have a great uhh -- subject to pose for the shadow shot though!! They're definitely braver than I am!!! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots. Nice subject too! That surfer is sure braver than I am. I love the beach, but from a distance. I enjoy the sounds and peacefulness of the sea. An uncle of mine once said, The water is a great place to take your troubles. "Cast your cares into the sea", is how he would put it. Thanks for sharing the pictures and for reminding me of my uncle's words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take your word for it :-)
    Fun shots.
    So you are happily back by the ocean then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post and photos. Those surfers are sure hardy. Snow on the beach, that's something we don't get down here in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha, behind the screen.

    It takes a real man to surf in the snow! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you imagine it? Only in Oregon would someone in a wetsuit go SURFING in the freezing ocean--with snow on the sands.

    He's pretty cute, isn't he? Wonder what he would think if he knew. LOVE the lighting! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'll bet those surfer dudes were cold, but they sure are hot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting shots. Thanks for these.

    All the best, Boonie

    ReplyDelete