Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Walk on the (Not So) Wild Side!


Walking down our country road I spied something I have never seen before.
Peeking through the grasses in the ditch ...
Shhhhh, it's the elusive and delicate "Lipshade Tossitoutius" - and it's in full bloom! Look at how it uses reflections to blend in with it's surroundings!

I took a photo and went on my way ...
Paying careful attention now.
And look! Not 20 yards further ...


Three more "Lipshades"! Two were still in chrysalis stage!
One in the late stages of bloom!
What a day!!!

Leaving the "Lipshades", my attention was caught by a shade of orange not usually seen in the woods here. I went to investigate, and found ...

A very rare specimen indeed!
A "File-Drawer Vandelizeous"!
This one must have escaped from across the street - I've seen them there in the abandoned building! But I never would have expected to see one all the way out here in the woods!
Wow, my day just gets better!

Finally, I have found what I came to see ...


A "hearty foilus".
Tucked there in the grasses.

What a walk I have had!
What treasures I have uncovered!
I can't wait to go out again!

To see "hearty foilus" from around the world, visit Random Hearts - and join us for Guest Heart Thursday!

To see reflections from around the world, visit James at Newtown Area Photo - and join us for Weekend Reflections!

18 comments:

  1. This made me laugh! But that little hearty foilus is lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't get why people throw their trash like that. The lipstick reflection is quite unexpected, nice shot... Fortunately, you kept the best for the end : this random heart is soooo cute !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found some rare species there!! I love your sense of humour! And the first shot really is beautiful, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting photo (first one).

    People throw trash like that because they think that taking it to the dump is too expensive. And it happens more often in hard times I've noticed. I've seen it in my neck of the woods for years, mattresses, chairs, larger items, dumped in areas where people rarely get caught. It's depressing.

    Clytie, I can't believe we lived so close by each other at one time! I don't remember a house or barn being across the street, but then it's been a lot of years since I lived out there. Hubby and I did drive by the big house about two weeks ago, just to see it. I loved living there, even for the short time I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say too that I love the reflection of the first photo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I smiled at your post - you're in rare form;)

    BTW: sorry I messed up with the dates of my prefab posts, but I will re-post them a later date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reaction is much more positive than mine - I get irritated when people drop their trash on the beautiful trails we have here in Colorado. But you made me smile instead!

    Thank you for linking my post to Guest Heart Thursday, you're more than welcome to do so. I'll have to remember it for when I find hearts in the future, although I'm not always good at spotting things like that (or seeing faces in clouds), as I think I'm missing that gene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for this. Once I went walking with my 5-year-old niece and she asked me why people keep throwing things around. I thought it was a simple answer. Then, I really don't understand them. Just too annoying and irresponsible.

    But I do love that show us these photos, Clytie. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you mange to keep you sense of humour among all that rubbish - I would have been deeply depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha you could refurbish your home !
    It's a shame what people throw in the woods, we have the same problem here !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting post :o) Thanks for visiting my photoblog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol @ your finds but I wish you hadn't found them. I hate trash in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fun - but what a shame to see these things despoiling the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. (guffaw) OOOoooh, I LOVE it! You made me laugh this morning...you are a genius. A true truly funny post! I LOVE your sense of humor.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, thank you for the laugh! Making laughs out of trash, much like lemonade out of lemons.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bonjour!
    It's a great reportage, very interesting post!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete