Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Dad


I hadn't seen Dad since the accident, so I jumped at the chance to drive down to my sister's house for a BBQ and visit. Dad was able to get up and go outside to the back deck - for the first time! We had a great visit, and my brother Mark surprised us by driving down all the way from his home in the Columbia Gorge.

There was a lot of family 'catching up' done, and dad enjoyed every minute. It's hard to believe that 3 weeks ago, this wonderful vibrant man was hurt so badly. Isn't he the cutest "grampa" ever?

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, handsome "Dad/Grandpa". God was truly with him that fateful day. May God continue to Bless him, your mom and family with His Healing Power and Grace. I bet your family gathering was the best ever!!! Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your loving family with us. Love and Light, Nina P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sissy...I suddenly feel the tears coming on. Isn't it wonderful he was able to get outside? Ah, our sweet, most Marvelous Daddy. You are right--Dad is a wonderful and vibrant man. Your words are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that things went well for your visit with your Dad. Nice to be able to see him, and just so thankful he is doing so well. Keeping good thoughts and prayers for him. Yes he is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure that being in the midst of family is the best medicine; you guys are probably why he's improving every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like such a sweetheart! I'm sure all that family time did him a world of good. I'm still keeping him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get well. gramps. We old timers got to stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is absolutely the cutest guy ever and I am so glad that he's getting better!

    ReplyDelete