Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Butterfly in My Garden


“Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued,
is always just beyond your grasp, but which,
if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you”
Nathaniel Hawthorne


The butterfly counts not months but moments,
and has time enough. ~Rabindranath Tagore



The butterfly is a flying flower,
The flower a tethered butterfly.
~Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun


May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun
And find your shoulder to light on,
To bring you luck, happiness and riches
Today, tomorrow and beyond.
~Irish Blessing

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures and great quotes...beautiful stuff Clytie. I also love the side quote "You all laugh because I'm different" Love it, love it! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job photographing that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Sissy! I've never seen a butterfly like that one. It is beautiful...the quotes and sayings which go along with each marvelous photo, are perfect.

    Not to mention that these pictures totally fill my eyes with their color and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others, I am amazed that you photographed this lovely flying flower.
    SWEET . SWEET.
    QUOTES fit perfect too, hope the butterfly lands on your shoulder and whispers in your ear,
    " thanks for making me look so good in the photo's "......
    smiling at you Clytie from here :)

    ReplyDelete